Welcome to the web site for the Westglen Parent Association (WPA).
The purpose of the Westglen Parent Association is to raise and allocate funds to support and enhance student learning at Westglen School, in Edmonton, Alberta, in consultation with the school administration and school council.
The funds raised by the WPA are used to:
- subsidize field trips such as a Grade 6 camping retreat and swimming lessons for all grade levels;
- bring in artists-in-residence to engage children in artistic activities such as creating a school mosaic or creating dramatic sketches;
- build cultural knowledge and appreciation such as hosting a community pow-wow;
- upgrade classroom technology such as Smart Boards and iPads; and
- provide additional support to students as needed.
Successful fundraisers have included the annual Pumpkin Patch pumpkin sale, Purdy’s chocolate sales, Great Neighbour Day tulip sales (in partnership with Studio Bloom), a Retro Dance Party for parents, and the parent favourite, the monthly Hot Dog Lunch program! We are grateful for the regular sponsorship of Loblaws City Market as well local 124th Street businesses.
The WPA has been incorporated as a Society in the Province of Alberta since 1996. Membership is free, and open to anyone who has a vested interest in the educational well-being of students enrolled in Westglen School.
The WPA is overseen by a volunteer Board of Directors, elected by, and from its members, every year.